I didn’t really appreciate how individualized our experiences are until I began looking at my own life. I could see how each experience and emotional response shaped, and continues to shape, how I perceive my life events. My daily mindfulness allows me to see my choices and lessen the moments when I feel I am only habitually reacting to internal and external influences. Understanding my own make up has helped me recognize healthy wishes from less healthy ones. I think I have fewer regrets having the awareness that I fully considered my choices beforehand. I try to teach this approach to both clients and interns for the benefit of both their personal and professional lives.
- B. A., University of North Texas, Denton, TX; Psychology & Music
- M.S., Amber University, Garland, TX; Human Relations & Business
- M.A., Amberton University, Garland, TX; Counseling
- Post-graduate studies, TWU Denton, TX; Department of Family Sciences
Licenses & Certifications
- Licensed Professional Counselor, no. 18541, Board-approved supervisor
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, no. 5226, Board-approved supervisor
- National Certified Counselor, no. 92914
I recognize and respect each person’s unique qualities. We can have different backgrounds, incomes, lifestyles, political, and religious beliefs but still develop a productive therapeutic relationship that will benefit you.
I must work within your values as you define them. You are the expert on you and your goals.